About L'Heure Bleue At Home

Shop Photo Gallery

Offers and Discount Codes

Wednesday 1 February 2017

Too Faced Love Flush I Will Always Love You Dupe And Milani Luminoso Baked Blush

If you have been reading along, you will know that I bought Too Faced's Love Flush blush in "I Will Always Love You" (which is a warm, apricot hue) a while ago.  I have been using it religiously ever since as, these days, I am constantly worrying if I have a wan/horrified/dispirited look to my face and so feel the need to compensate with a bit of colour in my cheeks.


I did try to avoid the bunnies for as long as possible but had to give in eventually.  As I do with Easter chocolate bunnies, I started, quite guiltily and apologetically, with the ears by brushing the ear tips very, very gently.  It was weirdly satisfying to hit pan and then some as it is always nice to know that one has wrung every cent out of an expensive product and done one's best to use up every last crumb.  After all, how often does a woman ever use up an entire eyeshadow?  I love this blush exceedingly, however, there is no doubt that it is rather pricey.  The search was on to find an acceptable dupe before my beloved Too Faced had completely run out.  I had heard many good things about Milani's Baked Blush in Luminoso and so when it went on sale for 20% off, I decided to give it a whirl.


It has a little brush that stores in a mirrored compartment underneath although I prefer to use a full sized blush brush.  There is a slight shimmer compared to the Too Faced blush which is completely matte.  And it is ever so slightly more pink whereas the Too Faced blush is more apricot hued.
  

I have to say that I really, really like the Milani blush!  The slight shimmer gives you that glowy, lit from within  look that is so on trend at the moment.  It wears well compared to Too Faced's 16 hour promise.  The one thing that concerned me about the Too Faced blush was the "overspray" which I thought was a bit wasteful considering the cost.  There is a bit of a mess with the Milani blush as well but considering how affordable it is, I don't mind it all.  This brings me to the price.  With the taxes and the 20% off sale, it came to well under $8.00 CDN which is a bargain.  Even though you get 3.5 grams with the Milani compared to Too Faced's 6.0 grams, it is still an absolute steal.  I have just noticed that my beloved Too Faced lipstick in "Spice Spice Baby" is running out so am wondering whether I should attempt to find a dupe for it as well seeing as this experiment was, in my books, so successful?  If you have a dupe for that please let me know! 




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...