About L'Heure Bleue At Home

Shop Photo Gallery

Offers and Discount Codes

Sunday 24 February 2013

Message Me

Are you a fashionista?  Do you long for the "It" bag of the season?  I'm the type of girl who has a favourite handbag, uses it everyday until it looks more shabby than chic then goes hunting for another handbag.  However, it occurred to me, as I plowed through endless snow and ice with groceries dangling from each hand, that having a handbag dangling from one arm along with said groceries whilst trying to keep my balance was not exactly convenient or safe.    As I looked around, I noticed that most people were sporting cross-body messenger bags which left their hands free.  What a revelation!  So the hunt was on.  Looking around online I found this:

Proenza Schouler PS1 Messenger
Did you notice the price tag ($1945.00)?  No....Really?  How about this one:


Coach Bleecker Suede Messenger

The price tag is a little bit better (I say this tongue in cheek) but still...really?  I think my guardian angel was looking out for me, though, or I had messenger bags on my mind because what do I find out thrifting?


Oddly enough, it was in the pots and pans section.  I fell in love with it on the spot.  The suede is velvety soft and the caramel colour works perfectly with the boots I picked up during the Boxing Day sales.  The cost?  About the price of a sandwich.  The little Scotty Terrier was my own touch to personalize the bag and make it mine.


And as if that wasn't enough, shortly afterwards, I found another messenger bag this time in the clothing section which is a little less strange than the pots and pans section.  This one is in smooth leather and is a bit bigger.


The cost of this one?  The price of a sandwich and a drink.  Two messenger bags and two different looks.  I think the suede one is more casual and has a bit of a hippie vibe to it and the smooth leather one has a more scholastic air to it.  I can't decide which one I prefer.  Which do you prefer?  Let me know your preference and help me decide.


And speaking of bags or things that hold other things, my lucky streak continued because I won this darling pins and needles book from Jeanette Ann during her Heirloom Treasures blog giveaway.

 
This is the first time I've won anything on a blog giveaway and I was so, so thrilled to hear that I'd won something!  Do check out her lovely blog.  So I have lots of bags to stroke and ooh and aah over this week.  I think I've moved from a one handbag girl to a wannabe fashionista with a "collection" and all for the price of a couple of sandwiches (and a drink).  Tell me, do you have a collection of handbags?



 



9 comments:

Shabby Brocante, Karen said...

I cannot imagine spending that much on a bag. No. Matter. What. I like your finds! I did just splurged on a second hand Michael Kors...shopgoodwill.com. The have at least 1,000 new pieces of clothes and bags each weekday. It's addicting.....for me tableware is even worse! A very fun site!!

Unknown said...

love thrifting what i need..right when i need it!

ThrifterSisters said...

I am definitely a switch my handbag weekly type of gal. I actually collect purses! I love both of the bags that you found. You are set for all different kinds of situations.

Have a great week!

Erica

Heather@Tatter and Fray said...

I am crazy about handbags, too. Loving BOTH of your finds--I don't think I could pick a favorite, though the suede one is certainly more unusual. Lucky you! :)

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Love all of your handbags, and yes, great finds. Hugs, Marty

Donna Wilkes said...

Karen above has gotten me hooked on perusing the shopgoodwiil.com site! I found a black leather messenger bag at T.J. Maxx deeply discounted to the price of a good lunch. (since we are speaking in food terms!) I am in love with it - not falling off my shoulder, neatly tucked by my side, easy to get in and out of. I am now afraid they will go out of style. So I am looking for one to put away - just in case. I love your caramel one!

Cottage and Broome said...

I love cross body bags, the only kind of purse I use. I like the free hands and it saves my back. Great find, enjoy!!! Laura

Marigene said...

I always check out the racks with the handbags...I have found some really nice ones for very little money.

I love your picnic basket...they come in so handy for storage...I have several, like around 10-12!

Diann said...

Love the purses! I am a huge purse girl! I just bought two ones at a thrift store recently that I just love. all of my high end designer bags came from thrift stores. love a great deal on purses. thank you for sharing at TTF.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...