About L'Heure Bleue At Home

Shop Photo Gallery

Offers and Discount Codes

Tuesday 31 May 2011

A Picnic In The Park With Teddy

How full of mystery and possibility is the notion of free time!  And in this rush, rush world, how rare! Like a golden gift dropping into my lap, I had a glorious free afternoon.  Sadly, while I had that gift, none of my friends did.  But I knew one little fellow who did so off we went to the park and not just any park would do.  No, no, it had to be that most whimsical of fancies, a Victorian glass conservatory.
As sometimes happens in life, a fork in the road.  Shall we choose Loveliness to the left or Beauty to the right?

No worries, either path will lead us to Leda and the Swan.

Of course, as Mr. Teddy will no doubt agree, no picnic is complete without a little refreshment and a little light reading.

And possibly, a cuppa tea would go down nicely as well.  Mr. Teddy asks that you be so kind as to excuse his general appearance.  He has endured many kisses and squeezes from sticky little fingers.

And lest you think we don’t know how to be serious, while Mr. Teddy satisfied himself with his hero Winnie-the-Pooh, I did very well with Through the Looking Glass.

And if anyone were to ask, “Ma’am, what are you doing footling around amongst the flowers with Teddy?”, my reply would be this, “There is only one rule to be followed during a Teddy Bear’s Picnic and a free afternoon and it is this: No Rules Apply.  Absolutely, none at all.”

I'm linking up to A Beach Cottage and the Good Life.



1 comment:

High Street Cottage said...

I (heart) Teddy:)))))))))))

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...