About L'Heure Bleue At Home

Shop Photo Gallery

Offers and Discount Codes

Monday 23 May 2011

In Praise of Victoria

Today is Victoria Day and through a serendipitous turn of events, I found a pair of vintage, velvety soft, suede, embroidered gloves at a church rummage sale.  They are for a young girl or a lady with very small hands.  They don’t fit me but I bought them any way because I was touched by how sweet and dainty they are.  Do you find yourself bringing home things sometimes “just because”?
And when I first saw them, tossed in a box with other discarded fripperies like scarves and hats, I longed for a time of little girls in white flounced dresses and petticoats, and ladies with hats, parasols and gloves.  In today’s rushing world, sometimes it is so lovely to dream of a gentler, slower,  more mannerly time.
Oh Queen Victoria, how I love your day!
I’m linking up to Southern Hospitality and Today’s Thrifty Treasures and Coastal Charm's Nifty Thrifty Tuesdays.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...